Wednesday, February 11, 2009

What to Expect From Your Wedding Photographer

This is the third in the series of what to expect from your Wedding Photographer:

POST-CEREMONY:

1: RECEIVING LINE: Let me know if you intend to receive guests immediately after the ceremony, or if you intend to wait to do this at the reception, as you’ll want some pictures of this. If we’re going to do the formals in the church (or indoors), I’ll need a little time to set up the lighting equipment, and I can do this while you’re receiving guests. If the formals will take place outside, we’ll need to assemble everyone who will be included at the formal shooting site.

2: FORMAL PORTRAITS: (ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES): Be sure to let the wedding party know that they cannot leave for the reception until we have all the formals done. They will be the last to go. Let me know who must leave to get things ready at the reception site so we can shoot them first (along with whoever must be in their shots). Once we have all the family and wedding party’s formals done, then everyone (but you two) can leave.

3: BRIDE AND GROOM FORMALS: (ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES): We’ll decide beforehand a perfect spot for your formals (both indoors and out in case it rains). I’ll shoo everyone away so that you and your spouse can enjoy a peaceful and relaxing time with just the two of you (and me to record it). This also gives you a chance to catch your breath before the festivities of the reception, where you’ll be tugged in every direction at once with everyone wanting to congratulate you, etc.


RECEPTION:


1: Depending upon your wedding package, we’ll have between 1 hour and 3 hours to get your reception images. If we only have an hour, we’ll need to schedule the “must have” shots of cutting the cake, toasting, and the first dance within that time limit.

2: Let me know ahead of time if there will be special occasions happening during the reception, so we can be ready to shoot them.

3: Bill and I will mingle around, getting the more relaxed shots of the wedding party and guests.

4: Have a member of the wedding party let us know when you both are ready to leave, as these are very memorable shots you’ll want in your wedding album.






POST-PRODUCTION:

1: It will take me at least a month before I can usually get to initially processing your wedding images in the dark room, depending upon my schedule. We'll set up a time for you to come in a proof your wedding images, and decide which images will appear in your wedding album.

2: Depending upon the wedding album you choose (an art-style book comes with some of our packages), your wedding album will be ready in the following time-lines: AsukaBook: 4-6 weeks after proof approval (if requested); Premira Digital Album: 3-4 weeks after proof approval (if requested; Renaissance Matted Album: 4-6 weeks after proof approval (if requested).

3: When your images are processed, printed, and your albums are finished depend greatly upon my shooting schedule. Some times of the year I can get these done very quickly, and other times it can get somewhat delayed. I’ll email you as soon as the various projects of your wedding images are ready. The time lines I have included here are approximations only. If for some reason your images will be delayed, I will notify you immediately.

4: CD WITH IMAGES: All the photographs I take are copyrighted, and the copyrights remain with me. The CD is for your own personal use, and I will give you a limited release so that you may make 1 set of images from it. You’ll need to take this release with you to the photo processing center. If family and friends wish images, they may order prints on-line.

No comments: